Sunday, September 11, 2005

11 Sep 05 - Day 4





Hunt, Texas - 0800. The office at the River Inn Resort is now open. I am able to keep my room for one more night, and I've decided to stay.

Al has been on the road since 3 September, and he has to be home tonight.

The plan: Ride to Utopia, eat breakfast at the Lost Maples Cafe, loop around to Bandara at which point Al heads East, and I turn to the West for some additional Hill Country riding.

IAW our plan, we rode South on Texas 39. The sky was getting dark; we were going to get wet. How wet, I did not know. The sprinkling began. Not too bad - let's keep going. The rain stopped. It stopped for a moment, and then it was back. This time the drops were larger and heavier. On we continued.

1 comment:

Manny said...

If a NYT Columnist Falls In The Forest . . .
Thoughtful Jay Rosen piece at PressThink examining the New York Times premium play that launched this week and tossed op-ed columnists into the equivalent of a sound-proof rooom as far as web and blog exposure.
Neat blog! I have a best way to lose weight site/blog. It covers best way to lose weight related stuff.