Friday, September 09, 2005

Can You Say Plan B? Day 2


The sun set as I arrived at the Austin City limits yesterday. Found a motel about 5 miles from Lone Star Cycles and settled in for the night. Dana, Al and I coordinated a potential meeting spot - Sweetwater, TX. Well, at least Al and I coordinated.

The two departed Houston last Saturday, 3 September, for Santa Fe, NM. We had visions of a rendezvous at Sipapu. At the last minute, Dana thought it would be a great idea to leave his bike in NM and fly back to Houston. Then, on a whim, he could hop a flight back to and be on his bike in great riding country, in a matter of hours. The original "fly and ride" idea was generated and perfected Randy Masters (a Sipapu Veteran) - see http://www.coffeehaus2.blogspot.com/. Meanwhile, Al was left to ride the return segments by his lonesome.

Lone Star Cycles worked my bike into their busy schedule. Two new Metzlers. Cost is not a factor here (I'm stuck on the road :)). However, it was 1400 before I was off and running. No way to get to Seetwater and have a comfortable ride. Time to do that coordination thing with Al.

After some discussion, we decided to meet at the Frio Pecan Farm in Leakey, TX. After reserving a cabin, I was Westbound and made it into Leakey by 1730. Early enough to hit the local grocer and grab a couple of hand-cut ribeye steaks we would grill later.

Al made it to the cabin after dark and a 700+ mile day. Grilled steak and good company set the stage for a couple of days of Hill Country riding.

2 comments:

Randy Masters said...

wait, that fly-in/bike-out thing sounds soooo familiar. Got it! THAT WAS MY IDEA!!!! Hope it works as well for Dana as it does for me out of Colorado Springs.
Anyone interested, check www.coffeehaus2.blogspot.com for further discussion. Sorry for the pitch, Mark, but at least I'm not selling women's clothing or virus protection.

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com